If you have any questions, please contact Eileen M. Daley, Coordinator of Evangelization & Catechesis at 608-849-5325 x 174 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preparation classes for the Sacrament of Confirmation are offered on Wednesday evenings from 6:45pm – 8:00pm. In the Diocese of Madison it is expected that a minimum of two years of preparation would precede the reception of sacraments. Parent meetings will be scheduled to better assist you in the preparation of your child for Confirmation.
The celebration of the Sacrament of Confirmation takes place in the fall season of Grade 11 with Grades 9 and 10 referred to as Confirmation I and Confirmation II.
- Students entering Grade 9 in September 2016/2017 will attend Faith Formation classes on Wednesday nights and enroll in Confirmation I. Students will move on to Grade 10 in 2017/2018 for Confirmation II and celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation in the fall of 2018.
- Students entering Grade 10 in September 2016/2017 who have completed Grade 9 Faith Formation classes, will attend Faith Formation classes on Wednesday nights and enroll in Confirmation II. This Confirmation II class will celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation in the fall of 2017.
- We use the curriculum “Chosen” by Chris Stefanick which is a video based program utilizing large group/small group discussion sessions in Confirmation I and Confirmation II classes.
- Attend preparation classes
- Attend a Confirmation retreat
- Participate in service hours opportunities
- Select a saint’s name
- Choose a sponsor (for more information about selecting a sponsor, or about the Sacraments of Confirmation, please click here
© 2011, Saint John the Baptist Catholic Church, All Rights Reserved
Contact the Webmaster